Microsoft KB Archive/175423
Article ID: 175423
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Monster Truck Madness
This article was previously published under Q175423
When you launch Monster Truck Madness for Windows, version 1.0, you receive the following error message:
To resolve this problem, make sure your color depth is set to 16-bit color or higher and make sure Direct3D hardware acceleration is not being used in the DirectX Setup (Dxsetup.exe) dialog box.
Verify Color Depth is 16-bit Color or Higher
To check your video driver settings, do the following:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Make sure Color Palette is set to High Color (16-bit) or higher.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes if you are asked to restart the computer. If your settings did not change, you do not have to restart the computer.
Clear Direct3D Hardware Acceleration Enabled in Dxsetup
To clear the Direct3D Hardware Acceleration Enabled check box in DirectX Setup, do the following:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- Type the following in the Named box:
- Double-click Dxsetup.exe when it appears.
- Click the Direct3D Hardware Acceleration Enabled check box to clear it.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: 1.00 3d acceleration
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbdisplay KB175423