Microsoft KB Archive/175331
Cannot Clear History List in Internet Explorer
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 3.0, 3.01, 3.02 for Windows 95
When you try to clear the history list in Internet Explorer, the history list may not be cleared.
This behavior can occur if any of the following conditions exists:
- You are not currently logged on to Windows.
- Password caching is disabled.
- One or more of the files associated with Dial-Up Networking is missing or damaged.
- Your password list file is damaged.
- The Rna.pwl file (if it exists) is damaged.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps outlined in one or more of the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q148925 Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved
Q137361 Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable
Q141858 No Windows or Network Logon Dialog Box at Startup
Additional query words: 3.00
Keywords : kbtool kbui msiew95
Issue type :
Technology : kbIEsearch kbIE95Search kbZNotKeyword3 kbIE300Win95 kbIE301Win95 kbIE302Win95
Last Reviewed: January 6, 2001