Microsoft KB Archive/175309
PSS ID Number: 175309
Article Last Modified on 4/15/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder FreeStyle Pro 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder game pad 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software 2.0
This article was previously published under Q175309
When you open the Game Controllers tool in Control Panel, you may receive the following error message in the Status column:
This issue may occur if you use a digital game controller that is connected to a Diamond Multimedia Monster sound card game port.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Diamond driver from the following Diamond Web site:
- Download the latest Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller software.
Test to see if the issue is resolved. If the issue continues to occur, proceed to the next step.
For additional information about how to download SideWinder Game Controller software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
162548 Availability of SideWinder Software Updates
- If you use a SideWinder 3D Pro, configure the game controller to use CH Flightstick Pro mode. This is an analog mode.
For additional information about CH Flightstick Pro mode, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
168933 SideWinder 3D Pro: Status Is Shown as "Not Connected"
SideWinder Profile Activator
Sidewinder Game Controller Software 3.0
To use the SideWinder Game Device Profiler to map keyboard commands for a game to the buttons on your SideWinder game controller, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Hardware, point to Gaming Devices, and then click Game Device Profiler.
- Click the SideWinder game controller that you want to use, and then click Add Game.
- In the Look in box, click the folder where the game is installed.
- Click the executable file for the game, and then click Open.
- In the Game Device Profiler, type a name for the new profile, and then press ENTER.
Note To create multiple profiles for the same game, repeat steps 1 through 4.
- Press a button on your SideWinder game controller, and then press the key, key sequence, or key combination that you want to assign to that button.
- Click Save.
Note You cannot use the Game Device Profiler to assign the Windows key to a button on your game controller.
Additional query words: 1.00 2.00 side winder gamepad swff swpp thrust master
Keywords: kberrmsg kb3rdparty kbHardware kbprb KB175309
Technology: _IKkbbogus kbMSHardwareSearch kbSideWinder3DPro kbSideWinderFFPro kbSideWinderFFWheel kbSideWinderFreestylePro kbSideWinderGameDevice200 kbSideWinderGamePad kbSideWinderPrecisionPro kbSidewinderSearch kbZNotKeyword