Microsoft KB Archive/175289
Article ID: 175289
Article Last Modified on 1/22/2007
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q175289
When you open a file or run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macro that displays a user form, you receive the following error message:
When you click OK, you receive the following error message:
When you click OK, you receive one of the following error messages:
This problem occurs under the following two conditions:
- You opened a file in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel or ran a macro to display a user form containing an ActiveX control that ships with the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition (ODE) Tools.
- You did not have the ODE Tools installed on your computer. Instead, the ActiveX controls were distributed to you.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Excel 97 for Windows and Microsoft Word 97 for Windows. This problem was corrected in Excel 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) and Word 97 SR-1.
For additional information about SR-1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172475 OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-1
The ODE includes a Setup Wizard that you can use to create a Setup program for installing files for a custom application. Unless the users have Microsoft Office 97 SR-1 installed, they will receive the error messages listed in the "Symptoms" section of this article when you distribute ActiveX controls with the Setup program.
Additional query words: xl97 wd97 SR1 OutSol
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB175289