Microsoft KB Archive/175260
Article ID: 175260
Article Last Modified on 5/2/2006
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 1.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175260
When using the InfoViewer to browse a page that contains a "Window.Open," a new instance of the browser appears along with one of the following error messages:
NOTE: The Window.Open works as expected in Internet Explorer.
The conditions that cause this behavior are as follows:
- Client Side Script using the "Window.Open" command.
- Browsing within the InfoViewer.
InfoViewer is not capable of properly starting a new instance of itself from within the Visual Studio shell.
Use Internet Explorer to view the pages that calls the "window.open" method.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this bug and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Add a new .htm file to an existing Visual InterDev project. Name the file "default1.htm."
Copy the following code and paste it into the file created in the previous step:
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Button1" VALUE="Open other Window" onClick="window.open('default1.htm', 'window', 'scrollbars=yes,status=0,resize=0,width=625,height=369')">
- Save the file.
- Preview the above file in the InfoViewer. If you don't have "InfoViewer" set as your default browser within Visual InterDev, right-click the file in the "FileView" pane and choose "Browse With," then "InfoViewer" from the Shortcut menu.
For the latest Knowledge Base articles and other support information on Visual InterDev and Active Server Pages, see the following page on the Microsoft Technical Support site:
Keywords: kbbug kbide KB175260