Microsoft KB Archive/175159
Article ID: 175159
Article Last Modified on 7/25/2001
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
This article was previously published under Q175159
When you run Setup for Microsoft IntelliPoint software version 2.0, you receive the following error message:
This error message occurs if the Autoexec.bat, Config.sys, or the Dosstart.bat file attributes are set to read-only.
Disable the read-only attribute for these files and run the IntelliPoint software Setup again.
To turn off the read-only file attribute for these files, do the following:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box type the name of one of the files listed earlier in this article (Autoexec.bat, Config.sys, or Dosstart.bat).
- In the Look In box select drive C:. If Windows is installed on a drive other than drive C, select the drive where Windows is installed.
- Click Find Now.
The file that you typed in step 2 will be listed at the bottom of the Find dialog box.
NOTE: You may have multiple copies of these files. Follow steps 5 through 8 for each copy listed.
- Click the first file in the list to select it.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- Check to see if the Read-only check box in the Attributes section is selected. If it contains a check mark, click the check box to clear it.
- Click OK.
Repeat steps 1 through 8 for all three files (Autoexec.bat, Config.sys, or Dosstart.bat).
- Run the IntelliPoint software version 2.0 Setup again.
Additional query words: failed message error readonly 2.00
Keywords: kbhardware kbsetup kbprb KB175159