Microsoft KB Archive/175137
Article ID: 175137
Article Last Modified on 1/22/2007
- Microsoft Money 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Money 98 Deluxe Edition
- Microsoft Money 98 Financial Suite Edition
This article was previously published under Q175137
After you use Money 98 to convert a data file from a previous version of Microsoft Money, you may experience the following symptoms:
- When you print a check, Money 98 may print the payee name on one line, and then print the first two characters of the address followed by the "1\4" character or another character on the next line.
- When you examine the Payee Details for a payee, you see one large box that contains the entire address, where normally you see the address broken into separate boxes for Address, City, State and Zip.
This behavior can occur if payee information created in an earlier version of Microsoft Money is not properly converted to the Money 98 format.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Money.
- On the Tools menu, click Payees List.
- In the list of payees, double-click the payee that is printed incorrectly.
- In the Address box, use your mouse to select the entire address, and then click Cut on the Edit menu.
- Click the Comment box, and then click Paste on the Edit menu.
- In the Comment box, use your mouse to select the account number for the payee, and then click Cut on the Edit menu.
- Click the Account Number box, and then click Paste on the Edit menu.
Repeat steps 6-7 to move the phone number, the postal code, the state, the city, and both address lines to the appropriate boxes.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Money 98.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Money 99.
Additional query words: w_money 6.0 woody garbage fraction won't print weird street
Keywords: kbbug kbfaq kbpending KB175137