Microsoft KB Archive/175081
Article ID: 175081
Article Last Modified on 4/21/2001
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175081
If you use a financial function from the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel 97, and you pass a date greater than 12/31/2078 to the function, the function may return the #NUM! error value.
Even though Microsoft Excel 97 normally supports dates up to 12/31/9999, the latest date that you can use with the financial functions in the Analysis ToolPak in Microsoft Excel 97 is 12/31/2078.
This problem is corrected in the Analysis ToolPak included in the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Enterprise Update.
To resolve the problem described above, install Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Enterprise Update. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft Office 97, and then click Add/Remove. If you installed Microsoft Office from a CD, you are prompted to insert the first CD.
If a dialog box indicates that programs are running, quit the programs, and then click OK.
- In the Microsoft Office 97 Setup dialog box, click Remove All.
- When you are prompted to remove shared components, click Remove All.
- If you are prompted to restart the computer after Setup is finished, do so.
- Install Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Enterprise Update.
This problem was corrected in the Analysis ToolPak included with the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 Enterprise Update. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Excel 2000.
If you install the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Patch, the Analysis ToolPak is not updated, and the problem still occurs.
For more information about the Analysis ToolPak, click Contents And Index on the Help menu, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Ways to analyze statistics" topic.
Additional query words: XL97 atp y2k year2000
Keywords: kbprb KB175081