Microsoft KB Archive/174985
Article ID: 174985
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 128-Bit Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174985
When you attempt to check for an AutoUpdate from Word, you may receive the following error message:
NOTE: To check for an AutoUpdate from Word, you must have an HTML document open so the AutoUpdate command is available on the Tools menu.
You can use your Web browser to connect to the Web Documents Toolkit for Word Web page and manually check whether the latest version is available. To do this, follow these steps:
- Connect to the following Microsoft World Wide Web site:
- Click the Web Documents Toolkit for Word item.
- Follow the directions for downloading the Wd97au.exe file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: internet explorer 4.0 ie4 ie40 ie4.0
Keywords: kbdownload kbbug kbfix KB174985