Microsoft KB Archive/174962
Article ID: 174962
Article Last Modified on 6/29/2004
- Microsoft Cinemania 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Music Central 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174962
When you try to remove the program listed at the top of this article using the Add/Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel, you receive an error message similar to the following:
This occurs if:
- The program compact disc is not in the drive. Insert the disc and try it again.
- The program is no longer installed correctly. In this case, manually uninstall the program using the steps below.
To manually uninstall the program, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and click MS-DOS Prompt.
- With the program disc in the CD-ROM drive, change to the CD-ROM drive.
For example, enter the following:
- Enter one of the following commands, depending on which program you are removing:
- You should receive a message similar to the following:
Microsoft Cinemania 97 has been removed successfully.
This can happen if the CD-ROM drive letter has changed since the original installation of the program. For example, this can happen after you install a second hard drive. This could cause your CD-ROM drive designation to change from drive D to drive E. If this happens, uninstall will fail.
Additional query words: Encarta World Atlas kbimu multi multi-media media mm
Keywords: kbsetup kbprb kbmm kbfaq kbusage KB174962