Microsoft KB Archive/174915
Article ID: 174915
Article Last Modified on 8/26/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q174915
Running the Setup Wizard in Visual FoxPro 3.0 for the Macintosh under Macintosh Operating System 8.0, results in the following error message:
- Create the setup disks using an earlier version of the Macintosh operating system.
- Obtain the new version of the Setup Wizard that runs under OS 8.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Using a Macintosh Power PC running Macintosh Operating System 8.0, create a project named Test.
- Select the Code tab and click Programs.
Select New and create a program with the following code:
WAIT WINDOW "This is a test of the VFP Setup Wizard"
- Save the program file.
- From the Project Manager, select Build and build either a PowerMac Executable or 68K Executable.
- Save the executable file to a clean distribution folder.
- Select the Tools menu and click Setup from the Wizards menu.
- Proceed through the six steps of the Setup Wizard.
- Click Finish. The error appears as the files are compressed.
Macintosh Operating System 8.0 is manufactured by Apple Computer, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
For information on downloading the updated Setup Wizard file please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
177395 FILE: vfpmsuwz.hqx: New Setup Wizard/Visual FoxPro Using OS 8
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kb3rdparty KB174915