Microsoft KB Archive/174908
Article ID: 174908
Article Last Modified on 9/25/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q174908
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
On a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 workstation, if you run a custom application that was created by using the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) Setup wizard and that application includes Microsoft Graph 8.0, when you open a form or report containing a graph, you may receive the following error message
You may have recently removed an application whose Setup program unregistered Microsoft Graph 8.0. Running the Remove All command on any of the following products may cause this error message:
Microsoft Access 97 Microsoft Excel 97 Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Microsoft Word 97 Microsoft Office 97
Re-install your custom ODE application.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create a Microsoft Access database that includes a form that has a Microsoft Graph 8.0 object.
- Using the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) Setup wizard, create a custom application that includes the database and Microsoft Graph 8.0.
- On another computer with a clean installation of Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0, do a typical installation of Microsoft Office 97.
- Install the custom ODE application that you created in Step 2 on the computer that you used in step 3.
- Run Microsoft Office 97 Setup again and do a Remove All.
- Open the custom application and view the form containing the graph object.
Note that you receive the error messages mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Additional query words: Chart the dynamic link library mso97 dll could not be found in the specified path
Keywords: kbbug KB174908