Microsoft KB Archive/174886
Article ID: 174886
Article Last Modified on 5/12/2003
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 3.0b for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q174886
Gendbc.prg produces the following error message when run against a database:
Where n represents a series of numbers identifying the .tmp file.
A view is open in a workarea when Gendbc.prg is run against a database.
To avoid this error, close the Open View. Below are three ways to do this:
- Close the open view using the Data Sessions window (or the View window in Visual FoxPro 3.0).
- Select the view and issue a USE in the Command window.
- Issue a CLOSE TABLES ALL in the Command window.
The last command, however, closes all open views and tables.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This has been corrected in Visual FoxPro 6.0.
After the error appears, the Ignore button in the Program Error dialog box can be chosen and Gendbc will normally produce its proper output file.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Modify the Testdata database located in the Samples\Data folder.
- Add a local view to the database based on the Employee table.
- Run the view.
- Save the view and close the Database Designer.
- Click the Data Session menu in Windows. In Visual FoxPro 3.0, select View window from the Windows pad. In the Data Session (or View) window, both the Employee table and the view should be open.
In the Command window, type the following lines of code:
SET DATABASE TO Testdata DO HOME()+"Tools\Gendbc\gendbc.prg" WITH "Ztest.prg"
- The error appears.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvfp600fix kbprb KB174886