Microsoft KB Archive/174849
Article ID: 174849
Article Last Modified on 5/29/1999
- Microsoft Golf 3.0
This article was previously published under Q174849
When you play the fly-by-videos in Golf 3.0, the video display area appears as a purple block, yet the sound continues to play.
NOTE: When the videos are played separately in Windows, they work fine.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Golf for Windows,version 3.0.
Try reducing hardware acceleration to resolve the problem.
To reduce hardware acceleration, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click System.
- Click the Performance tab, and then click Graphics.
- Note that the Hardware Acceleration slider has four settings (Full, Most, Basic, and None).
- Move the slider until it is one notch to the right of None (Basic).
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- Click Yes to restart your computer.
Additional query words: video see haze
Keywords: kbbug kbpending kbdisplay kbgraphic KB174849