Microsoft KB Archive/174730
Article ID: 174730
Article Last Modified on 11/5/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174730
When you send a meeting invitation to a Microsoft Exchange client from a Lotus Notes client, the message may result in the following non-delivery report (NDR):
This NDR is generated because the Lotus Notes Server cannot correctly route meeting requests to the domain where the Exchange user resides. By default, the configuration document for a foreign domain in Lotus Notes does not contain a path to a calendar server.
The domain document in Lotus Notes can be adjusted to allow meeting requests to be sent from Lotus Notes to Outlook or Exchange Clients. However, this will not add the meeting requests to the Outlook Calendar. The adjustment will only allow the message to be sent. Currently there is no direct support for schedule and appointment requests between Microsoft Exchange Server and Lotus Notes.
To adjust the domain document in Lotus Notes, open the Lotus Notes Administrator program and perform the following steps:
- Open the Name and Address Book.
- Go to the Server\Domain and open the domain document for the Exchange Server computer (Exchange by default).
- Click Edit Domain.
- Under the Calendar section, copy the Gateway server name into the Calendar server name.
- For Calendar system, type in the name of the domain message database (Exchange.box by default).
- Save the document and restart Lotus Notes Server.
Lotus Notes users will now be able to send meeting requests to Exchange client users without receiving an NDR. However, the Exchange client users will need to manually enter the invitation into their calendar.
Microsoft continues to update the tools that support interoperability among Lotus Domino R5 and Lotus Domino 6, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory. The updated tools for Lotus Domino replace the following tools that are included with Exchange Server 2003 and with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2:
- Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes
- Calendar Connector for Lotus Notes
- Migration Wizard for Lotus Notes
To obtain these tools and to obtain guidance and additional resources, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
These updated tools provide additional functionality and address several issues that customers reported with earlier versions of the tools.
Additional query words: linkage notes meeting invite schedule plus sched+ XFOR
Keywords: kbbug KB174730