Microsoft KB Archive/174727
Article ID: 174727
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174727
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you use the OpenReport action in a macro and specify a query name to be used as a filter for the report, you may receive the following error message when you run the macro:
Use the RecordSource property to change the record source of the report to the query.
Modify the query that is used as a filter for the report. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the query in Design view.
Add the following field to the query grid:
Field: True Show: No Criteria: <>False
- Save and close the query.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 97.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb, and create a new report based on the Products table.
- If the Field List is not displayed, on the View menu, click Field List, and drag the ProductID, ProductName, and CategoryID fields to the detail section of the report.
- Save the report as MyReport, and then close the report.
- Create a new query based on the Products table.
- Add the ProductID, ProductName, and the CategoryID fields to the query grid.
- In the Sort row, select Ascending for the ProductName column.
- Save the query as MyQuery, and then close the query.
Create the following new macro, and then save it as MyMacro:
Action ---------- OpenReport Action Arguments --------------------- Report Name: MyReport View: Print Preview Filter Name: MyQuery
- On the Run menu, click Run. Note that you receive the following error message:
Additional query words: pra ()
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg KB174727