Microsoft KB Archive/174663
Error Message Clicking the Settings Tab in Game Controllers
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software version 2.0
You may receive an "Invalid Page Fault" error message when you click the Settings tab in the Game Controllers tool in Control Panel.
This error message can be caused by a conflict with the video display driver installed on your computer.
The SideWinder Game Device software 2.0 CD-ROM contains video display drivers included with DirectX. To resolve the error message, install the device drivers included with DirectX 5.0 by following these steps:
- Insert the SideWinder CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive. If Setup does not start automatically, follow these steps to run Setup:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type <CD-ROM drive>:\setup where <CD-ROM drive> is the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive.
- Press ENTER.
- Click Install/Reinstall DirectX 5.0 Only.
- Click OK.
- Click Reinstall DirectX.
- When you are prompted whether you want to install the newer display drivers, click Yes.
- Continue following the Setup instructions to complete the installation.
If reinstalling the DirectX 5.0 device drivers does not resolve the problem, contact the manufacturer of your video display card to obtain the most recent version of your card's display driver.
Additional query words: gpf general protection ipf
Keywords : kbenv kberrmsg sidewinder
Version : WINDOWS:2.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: August 9, 1999