Microsoft KB Archive/174595
Multiple Game Pad Buttons Light Up When One Button Is Pressed
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft SideWinder game pad, version 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Device software versions 1.5, 2.0
When you test the SideWinder game pad in the Game Controllers tool in Control Panel, single button presses may result in several buttons lighting up on the Test tab.
This behavior can occur if you have an active profile, and you have recorded a multiple-button-press action for a single game pad button.
Disable any active profiles and then test the game pad. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SideWinder Profile Activator.
- In the Active column, click to clear the check box for the active profile.
- Close SideWinder Profile Activator and test the game pad again.
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbenv kbtool gamepad joystick
Version : WINDOWS:1.0,1.5,2.0
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: August 9, 1999