Microsoft KB Archive/174587
Article ID: 174587
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q174587
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you use the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) to distribute a database, and that database contains a form or a report with an embedded graph object, the graph appears blank when you view the form or report on the target computer.
The database was converted from either Microsoft Access 2.0 or Microsoft Access for Windows 95 version 7.0, and it contains an embedded graph created with Microsoft Graph 5.0. When you convert a database created in an earlier version of Microsoft Access, the database is converted; however, conversion does not affect any embedded OLE objects within the database. Therefore, the embedded graph object contained within a form or a report is still associated with Microsoft Graph 5.0. When you try to distribute this database using the ODE, the run-time version of Microsoft Graph 8.0 is used.
Before you create your run-time images using the Setup Wizard from the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools, first convert the embedded graph object to Microsoft Graph 8.0. This issue can be resolved by following these steps:
- Open the database in Microsoft Access 97.
- In the Database window, click the Forms or the Reports tab.
- Select your form or report that contains the graph, and then click Design.
- Using the right mouse button, click the graph object, point to Chart Object on the shortcut menu, and then click Convert.
- Close and save the report or the form.
Additional query words: prb charts
Keywords: kbprb KB174587