Microsoft KB Archive/174563
Article ID: 174563
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174563
You cannot import data into the Referred By field of a Microsoft Outlook 97 contact.
Manually enter the Referred By information into each contact record.
Steps to Correct the Problem
- Open the imported contact record.
- On the All Fields tab, click to select All Contact Fields in the Select From list.
- Scroll to the Referred By field and type the required data.
- Click Save and Close.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- On the File menu, click to select Import and Export.
- Click to select "Import from Schedule+ or another program or file" and then click Next.
- Click to select the file type you want to import, and click Next.
- Type the name or Browse to the file you want to import, and click Next.
- In Map Custom fields, map a field to the Referred By field in Outlook.
- Click OK to finish the import.
Viewing the Referred By Field
To view the Referred By field, follow these steps:
- Open one of the imported contact records.
- On the All Fields tab, click to select All Contact fields in the Select from list.
- Scroll to the Referred By field.
Result: The Referred By field is blank.
Keywords: kbprb KB174563