Microsoft KB Archive/174529
Article ID: 174529
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174529
The newest NetFlex 3 cards that ship with some Compaq computers are not detected during Windows NT setup. The drivers for these cards have the same name as the drivers for the old NetFlex 3 cards, and also work with the old NetFlex 3 cards. Replacing the old NetFlex 3 drivers with the new NetFlex 3 drivers in the I386\Drvlib.nic folder does not allow the new drivers to be loaded for the old cards.
The Netoemdh.inf that ships with Windows NT does not support these new cards or drivers.
Compaq has supplied a new Netoemdh.inf that allows Windows NT to detect and load the drivers for these new cards, and allows the new drivers to be loaded for the older NetFlex 3 cards as well. Follow the steps below:
- Delete the existing Netoemdh.in_ file from the I386 folder on the distribution share.
- Download the new driver files from:
- Replace the files in the I386\Drvlib.nic\Netflex3 folder with the updated driver files from Compaq.
The products discussed here are manufactured by Compaq Corporation, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: unattend.txt network installation oem deployment Install
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbfix kbprb kbsbk kbsetup KB174529