Microsoft KB Archive/174522
Article ID: 174522
Article Last Modified on 8/26/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q174522
Visual Studio Service Pack 2 finds and updates two installs of Visual FoxPro version 5.0x even though only one instance of the program exists on the system.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
The update routine for the Visual Studio Service Pack 2 finds two instances of Visual FoxPro although only one instance exists on that machine.
This problem occurs even if you have a machine with a new install of Windows 95 or Windows NT and with no other applications installed except for Visual FoxPro v5.0x.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Make sure that there is only one instance of Visual FoxPro 5.0x installed on the computer.
- Apply Visual Studio Service Pack 2 to your machine.
- Click Continue at the first dialog box that appears.
- Select 'I Accept' for the Second and Third dialog boxes.
NOTE: The fourth dialog box lists "Microsoft Visual FoxPro" twice.
- Run the SP2 setup all the way to the end.
- Look at the Log file (Vs97sp2.log) created by the Visual Studio Service Pack 2 setup.
NOTE: The same FoxPro files are listed as updated twice.
Additional query words: sp2 install setup kbvfp500 kbvfp500a
Keywords: kbbug KB174522