Microsoft KB Archive/174499
Article ID: 174499
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174499
When you try to create labels using the Label Wizard in Microsoft Access 7.0 or 97 on a computer running Windows NT 4.0, the screen may appear completely blank when you try to make selections in the Label Wizard. However, you are able to see the navigation buttons (CANCEL, BACK, NEXT, and FINISH) displayed in the bottom portion of the screen.
If you click any of the buttons, you receive the following error message:
This behavior may be caused by the Arial font not being registered properly on the computer.
The following steps will ensure that the Arial font is properly installed and the Label Wizard is operating successfully:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click the Fonts icon.
- Double-click the Arial font icon to see the sample text of the font.
- Click Done.
After restarting Microsoft Access, you should be able to create your labels using the Label wizard.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb in Microsoft Access 7.0 or 97.
- Create a new report based on the Orders table using the Label Wizard.
- Select any label size, and then click Next. Note that you receive the behavior described in the Symptoms section.
Note: The same behavior may occur in Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 if the font does not exist.
For more information about using the Label Wizard, search the Help Index for "Label Wizard," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Additional query words: prb
Keywords: kbprb KB174499