Microsoft KB Archive/174495
Article ID: 174495
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q174495
Advanced: Requires expert coding, interoperability, and multiuser skills.
When you use the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) Setup wizard to create disk images for your custom application, all file names that are added to the Add Files list are copied to the disk images using the MS-DOS naming convention. Therefore, if you add files that contain long file names to the Add Files list, the file names are truncated on the disk images.
When the custom setup program is installed on a computer that conforms to the long file names naming convention, the file names are expanded to what they originally were.
There is no option in the Setup Wizard program that enables you to copy the long file names in the Add Files list box to the disk images.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start the ODE Setup Wizard.
- On the Add File screen, add several files that have long file names.
- Continue through the Setup wizard program until you have added all the necessary options.
- Let the ODE Setup Wizard program create your disk images.
- After the disk images are created, open the images folder in Windows Explorer.
Note that the long file names have been truncated.
Additional query words: prb
Keywords: kbprb KB174495