Microsoft KB Archive/174437
PSS ID Number: 174437
Article Last Modified on 11/24/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro 1.0
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel 1.0
This article was previously published under Q174437
Your SideWinder Force Feedback game controller may not work, or it may work but you may not feel force feedback effects in your game.
If the SideWinder Force Feedback game controller is not working, or if it is working, but you do not feel force feedback effects in your game, the following troubleshooting tips may help you to identify and resolve the problem:
- Make sure that you are running Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) with:
- The latest version of your sound card's drivers installed.
- A Sound Blaster-compatible sound card with a Game Port/MIDI port.
- A game that supports force feedback effects.
For additional information about how to determine the sound card manufacturer and model in Microsoft Windows 95, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172553 How To Determine Sound Card Brand and Model in Windows 95
- If you have one of the following non-Sound Blaster-compatible sound cards, you must obtain a serial adapter in order to use the SideWinder Force Feedback Pro game controller:
- Mediatrix Audiotrix Pro
- Turtle Beach Tropez or Tropez Plus
- Install the latest Microsoft SideWinder Game Controllers software.
For additional information about how to obtain the latest version of the SideWinder software, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
179113 Availability of SideWinder Software Updates
For additional information about how to obtain a serial adapter from Microsoft, please contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
In the United States, please call (425) 635-7040 between 6:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
In Canada, please call (905) 568-4494 between 8:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
For additional information about the serial adapter for SideWinder Force Feedback game controllers and how to connect it to your computer, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
174439 Connecting the Serial Adapter to the Joystick
For more information about solving problems related to SideWinder Game Controllers, use the SideWinder Game Controllers Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: 1.00 side winder swff joy stick feed back gaming device
Keywords: kbenv kbHardware kbinfo KB174437
Technology: kbMSHardwareSearch kbSideWinderFFPro kbSideWinderFFWheel kbSidewinderSearch kbZNotKeyword