Microsoft KB Archive/174383
Article ID: 174383
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174383
Messages flagged in Microsoft Outlook 97 may not retain their flag information when sent over the Internet.
E-mail messages sent from Outlook can be marked with a flag indicating to the receiver that special attention is required. These flags cause a special icon to be displayed next to the message in the Inbox, a special message banner across the top of the message when opened, and can also set a reminder alarm.
These message flag attributes may be lost when the message is sent via an Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Setting a Message Flag
- Compose an e-mail message.
- On the message toolbar, click the Message Flag button. To display the toolbar, point to Toolbars on the Edit menu and click Standard.
- in the Flag box, click to select one of the standard message banners from the list or type a custom banner.
- In the By box, click to select a due date and click OK.
RESULT: A banner line is displayed across the top of the message. This banner line plus the flag icon will be displayed when the addressee receives the message.
NOTE: If the message is sent via an ISP, the flag information may not be retained.
Keywords: kbinfo KB174383