Microsoft KB Archive/174372
Article ID: 174372
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174372
When you format the last paragraph mark in a Microsoft Word Document as hidden text, and then turn off the Show/Hide feature (click the Show/Hide button on the Standard toolbar), the following behaviors may occur.
- Your insertion point moves to the left of the last character and you are not able to move the insertion point to the right.
- If text to the left of the last paragraph mark was underlined, Word may remove the underline from the last word.
NOTE: You can still type in hidden text in the "blank" region at the end of the document.
To be able to type to the right of the last character, turn on the Show/Hide feature by doing one of the following:
- Click the Show/Hide button on the Standard Toolbar.
- Show all nonprinting characters. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options and then click the View tab.
- Under Nonprinting Characters, click to select the All check box.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft Word listed at the beginning of this article.
This problem only affects how the document looks on the screen. Word prints the document correctly.
Additional query words: 8.0 8.00
Keywords: kbbug KB174372