Microsoft KB Archive/174306
Article ID: 174306
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174306
When you attempt to delete the Internet Newsgroups public folder, while logged on to an Exchange Server mailbox that has the role of owner for that folder, you may receive the following error message:
The Internet Newsgroups public folder cannot be deleted; however, it can be made not visible or renamed by a mailbox with the role of owner. To make the Internet Newsgroups public folder not visible, do the following:
- From the Exchange Administrator program, look at the properties of the Internet Newsgroups public folder.
- On the General Tab, click the Client Permissions button.
- Highlight default and anonymous names, and uncheck the Folder Visible option for both.
- Click OK to apply changes on the client permissions for the public folder.
The Internet Newsgroups public folder will no longer be visible to clients accessing the Microsoft Exchange Server computer.