Microsoft KB Archive/174283
Article ID: 174283
Article Last Modified on 11/14/2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 128-Bit Edition
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 128-Bit Edition
This article was previously published under Q174283
When you click Start and then point to Find, you may see two On The Internet commands. One of the commands may not work correctly.
This behavior can occur when both Internet Explorer and the FindX PowerToy are installed on your computer.
To word around this issue, remove the FindX PowerToy. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click "Find... Extensions" in the list of installed programs.
- Click Add/Remove to remove FindX.
The Microsoft Windows PowerToys are a suite of tools available for free download from the Microsoft Web site. Microsoft Technical Support does not support the installation or usage of PowerToys or any of their components.
FindX is a Windows 95 PowerToy that you can use to add your own custom commands to the Find menu. This includes a built-in On The Internet command. Internet Explorer also adds an On The Internet command to the Find menu.
Additional query words: 4.00
Keywords: kbui KB174283