Microsoft KB Archive/174269
PSS ID Number: 174269
Article Last Modified on 11/21/2003
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Barney Goes to the Circus 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on Imagination Island with the Microsoft ActiMates PC Pack 1.0
- Microsoft Fun on the Farm with Barney 1.0
- Microsoft Barney Under the Sea 1.0
This article was previously published under Q174269
When you run an ActiMates-compatible software program using a display setting of 256 colors, you receive the following error message:
The ActiMates software requires a screen resolution of 800 x 600.
Use the following steps to resolve this problem:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display and then click the Settings tab.
- Under Desktop Area, move the slider to 800 x 600 Pixels.
- Click OK.
NOTE: If you are unable to change the screen resolution to 800 x 600, your computer or monitor may not be capable of displaying this resolution. In which case, you should contact your computer manufacturer for further troubleshooting assistance.
For more information about how to solve problems related to Microsoft ActiMates characters, use the ActiMates Troubleshooter located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: acti acta barnie barny mate mates actamate actimate kbimu actimates acti-mates
Keywords: kbdisplay kberrmsg kbfix kbprb KB174269
Technology: kbActimatesSearch kbBarneyCircus100 kbBarneyUnderSea100 kbFunFarm100 kbFunImagination100 kbHomeProdSearch