Microsoft KB Archive/174194
Article ID: 174194
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Remote 3.2
This article was previously published under Q174194
All Mail Remote for Windows users on one postoffice attempt to connect and send new mail, the following errors are returned:
- Postoffice has not accepted mail item.
- Sign-on ID or password is incorrect.
The "Password" for the postoffice has been changed by the Administrator. The postoffice password is located under Config, Password in the Administrator program.
To resolve this problem, do one of the following:
- Change the postoffice "Password" back to the previous password.
- Provide Remote Mail users with new init-disks.
- Notify all Remote Mail users of the old password and the new password. The postoffice password can be changed in the Remote client under the menu item Mail, Communication Setup, Dialin Password. The old password must be supplied as well as the new password.
This password is used for all asynchronous communications with the postoffice, including remote mail users.
Keywords: kbprb KB174194