Microsoft KB Archive/174123
Article ID: 174123
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174123
After you install the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Patch, when you try to open an e-mail message or a Contact, you may receive the following error:
This may be caused by a setting in a new security feature of the SR-1 Patch. To change this setting, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Attachments tab.
- Change the Security Method to None, and then click OK.
This may be caused by incorrect registration of OLE. To re-register, follow these steps:
- Insert the Office 97 CD.
- Click the Start button, and then click Run.
- Type <cd drive letter>:\Setup.exe /y. Click OK
Additional query words: safe unsafe
Keywords: kbprb KB174123