Microsoft KB Archive/174115
Article ID: 174115
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Money 99 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Money 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Money 98 Deluxe Edition
- Microsoft Money 98 Financial Suite Edition
This article was previously published under Q174115
You may receive the following error message when Microsoft Money dials the 800 number for Online Services Setup:
This error message appears after you hear the modem connect.
This can happen if more than one modem is installed on your computer. When multiple modems are installed, Money may have a problem connecting and completing the Setup Online Service when using Dial-Up Networking Connection (DUN).
Money uses the first or default modem in the list during Dial-Up Networking Connections (DUN).
To change to another modem, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Online (in Money 99), or click Online Banking (in Money 98). Click the arrow next to the word "Online" in the left pane, and then select a bank.
- Click Online Setup (in Money 99), or click Getting Started (in Money 98), and then click Investigate Offerings.
- Click to clear the "Use my existing Internet connection" check box (in Money 99), or click to clear the "I'll be using an Online Service Setup File" and "Use my existing Internet connection" check boxes (in Money 98), and then click Next.
- Click Next again and click Change Modem.
- Under Connect Using, click to select the correct modem.
Additional query words: w_money 6.0 7.0 hat setup bds
Keywords: kbbug kbenv kberrmsg kbonline kbpending KB174115