Microsoft KB Archive/174080
Article ID: 174080
Article Last Modified on 9/7/2001
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q174080
In Microsoft Excel 97, when you print a worksheet, a chart, or an entire workbook, Microsoft Excel 97 may print to the default printer even though you selected a different printer in the Print dialog box.
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- In the Print dialog box, you select a printer other than the default printer in the Name box. -and-
- The printer you selected is the following:
HP LaserJet 5Si Mopier
- You click Properties, change any property of the selected printer, and then click OK. -and-
- You click OK to print the selected document.
To work around this problem, select a different printer in the Name box, and then select the printer you actually want to use. When you click OK, Microsoft Excel 97 prints to the correct printer.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: XL97 mopier
Keywords: kbprint KB174080