Microsoft KB Archive/174015
Article ID: 174015
Article Last Modified on 8/27/2007
- Microsoft FrontPage 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174015
This article describes how to create Active Server Pages (ASP) in Microsoft FrontPage 98 if you are using the Microsoft Personal Web Server (MSPWS) as your Web server.
NOTE: The ASP configuration on Microsoft Internet Information Server-based servers may be different. This procedure does not work if you are using a disk-based Web. You must install the Asp.exe file if you want ASP to work on a supported Web server. For additional information about installing Asp.exe, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
179264 FP98: Previewing in Browser Prompts to Save ASP Files to Disk
Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This article assumes that you are familiar with the programming language that is being demonstrated and with the tools that are used to create and to debug procedures. Microsoft support engineers can help explain the functionality of a particular procedure, but they will not modify these examples to provide added functionality or construct procedures to meet your specific requirements. In FrontPage 98, you can create an Active Server Page using Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) code. To do this, follow these steps:
- In FrontPage Explorer, open or create a Web and then follow these steps:
- On the View menu, click Folders.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Type this name for the folder: ASPSample
- Right-click the ASPSample folder, and then click Properties on the menu that appears.
- Click to select the Allow scripts or programs to be run check box.
NOTE: This check box is unavailable (dimmed) if you are using a disk-based web.
- On the Tools menu, click Show FrontPage Editor.
- In FrontPage Editor, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click New. Click Normal Page, and then click OK. Or open an existing page.
- On the Insert menu, point to Advanced, and then click Script.
- In the Script dialog box, follow these steps:
- Click VBScript.
- Click to select the Run Script on Server check box.
In the Script box, type the following code:
For i = 3 to 10 %&> &<font size="&<% = i %&>"&> Hello World!&<br&> &<% Next
- Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Save As. In the Look in list, click the ASPSample folder. In the File name box, type World.asp. Click OK.
- On the File menu, click Preview in Browser.
For additional information about Active Server Pages, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
174008 FP98: What are Active Server Pages?
174185 FP98: ASP Code Is Displayed in Browser
For more information about Visual Basic scripts, please browse to the following Microsoft World Wide Web site:
Additional query words: 98 asp iis front page vbscript vb script
Keywords: kbhowto KB174015