Microsoft KB Archive/173987
Article ID: 173987
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95a
- Microsoft Word 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 6.0a
- Microsoft Word 6.0c
This article was previously published under Q173987
When you open a document created in another program by dragging the document's icon to the title bar of Microsoft Word, Word does not present the Convert File dialog box, even if you have selected the Confirm Conversion At Open option.
To work around this problem, with the Confirm Conversion At Open option selected, use any of the following methods to open a non-Word document:
- Double-click the document's icon on the Windows desktop. -or-
- In Microsoft Word, click Open on the File menu, select the file in the Open dialog box, and then click Open (Microsoft Word for Windows 95, version 7.x) or click OK (Word 6.x). -or-
- Use the right mouse button to click (right-click) the document's icon on the Windows desktop, and then click Open on the shortcut menu.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft Word listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: 8.0 8.00
Keywords: kbbug KB173987