Microsoft KB Archive/173723
HOWTO: Applying the Lattice from One Model to Another Model
PSS ID Number: Q173723 Article last modified on 09-12-1997
IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7
IRIX NT WINDOWS
The information in this article applies to:
- Softimage 3D for IRIX, versions 3.51, 3.7
- == Softimage 3D for Windows NT, versions 3.51, 3.7 ==
Copying Lattice properties from one model to another model, is impossible in the present versions of SOFTIMAGE 3D. The following tip provides a suitable method (workaround) for deforming the surface of one model, based on another model’s Lattice deformation properties:
- Select both the lattice-deformed model and the model you wish to deform (target model).
- Tag all the points on both models.
- From the Motion module, choose the Effects->Glue custom effect.
- Pick the lattice-deformed model, then pick your target model.
- Playback the animation to see the target model deform in a similar fashion to the original lattice-deformed model’s shape.
The quality and behaviour of the target model’s deformation depends on it’s surface resolution, number of vertices, and/or curves, points, etc…
SOFTIMAGE 3D Reference Guide: A to H, Appendices, page 575.
If you have any questions concerning the information contained in this article, contact email@example.com by e-mail.
Additional query words: si si3d si3dmot
Version : IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7 Platform : IRIX NT WINDOWS Issue type : kbhowto ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.