Microsoft KB Archive/173563
Article ID: 173563
Article Last Modified on 6/23/1999
- Microsoft Bookshelf 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173563
Bookshelf 98 requires the Arial and Symbol system fonts to display information properly. However, if these fonts are not installed on your computer when you install Bookshelf 98, Bookshelf does not install the fonts.
NOTE: This problem has been resolved in Microsoft Bookshelf 99 and Microsoft Bookshelf 2000.
To resolve this issue, reinstall Microsoft Windows to restore the missing system fonts. To do this:
- Insert the Windows CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Press and hold down the SHIFT key when you insert the Windows CD-ROM to prevent the Windows CD-ROM from starting automatically.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type the following line, and then click OK
- Follow the instructions on the screen. If you are prompted to choose between "Copy all Windows files again" or "Restore Windows files that are changed or corrupted," click Restore Windows files that are changed or corrupted.
You can also manually extract the missing system font files directly from the Windows CD-ROM. For instructions about how to accomplish this task, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files
Additional query words: multi multi-media media mm true-type
Keywords: kbsetup kbprb KB173563