Microsoft KB Archive/173205
Article ID: 173205
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173205
When you try to sort your Tasks by Company in Microsoft Outlook 97, you receive the following message:
If you click Yes, an unpopulated Company field is added to your Tasks list, even if you already have the Company field displayed.
Outlook does not sort by multi-value fields.
You can group your Tasks by multi-value fields. Use one of the following methods to group by Company.
- On the View menu, point to Current View, then click Detailed List.
- On the View menu, click Group By.
- In the Group items by box, click Company.
NOTE: If the field you want is not in the Group Items By box, click a different field set in the Select Available Fields From box.
- Click Ascending or Descending for the sort order of the group headings.
- To show the field you are grouping items by, select the Show Field in View check box.
- To group by subgroups, select a field in the Then By box.
- Click OK.
- Click the toolbar button, Group By Box. An area appears directly above the tasks.
- Drag the column heading you want to group items by into the Group By Box.
- To group items by more than one field, drag another column heading into the Group By Box. Use the double-arrow marker to position the column headings before or after other headings in the Group By Box.
For more information about Grouping Items, type Group in the Office Assistant, click Search, and then click to view "Troubleshoot Grouping."
For more information about Sorting Tasks, type Sort Tasks in the Office Assistant, click Search, and then click to view "Change the order of tasks."
Keywords: kbhowto KB173205