Microsoft KB Archive/173196
Article ID: 173196
Article Last Modified on 11/22/2000
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173196
When you embed an object in a Microsoft Word 97 document object that is embedded in a Microsoft Office 97 document, and then delete the object in the Word object, the Office document increases in file size.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You create a file in a Microsoft Office 97 program.
- You insert a Microsoft Word 97 document as an object in the file you created.
- You insert an object in the Word document object.
- You delete the object in the Microsoft Word document object
To work around this problem, copy the contents of the Microsoft Word object and paste the data in a new Word object. To do this, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Microsoft Word document icon.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Click Close & Return to <filename> on the File menu (where <filename> is the file name of the client program).
- While the Microsoft Word document object icon is selected, press DELETE to delete the Word document object.
- On the Insert menu, click Object.
- In the Object dialog box, click the Create From New tab and click Microsoft Word document in the Object Type list.
- If you want to display the object as an icon, click Display As Icon. Click OK.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
- Repeat step 4.
- Save the document.
The file size decreases.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: XL97 size increases increase
Keywords: kbbug kbinterop KB173196