Microsoft KB Archive/173072
Article ID: 173072
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173072
When you attempt to add the Microsoft Outlook 97 Address Book service to a profile, Address Book may not be in the list of available services.
A missing Contab32.dll file or an invalid Mapisvc.inf file can cause this problem.
Verify that the Contab32.dll File is in your Windows\System folder. If not, copy it from your Outlook setup medium.
If the Contab32.dll file is present and the problem still persists, reinstall from your setup medium as follows:
- Insert the Outlook or Office setup disk into the appropriate drive.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type the following <drive>:\setup /Y /R where <drive> is the letter of the drive that contains setup disc.
- Click OK.
This will reinstall Outlook (and all Office applications, if you run Office Setup). You should now see the Outlook Address Book as an available service to add to a profile.
To verify or install the Outlook Address Book Service, use the following:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools Menu, click Services.
- Confirm that the Outlook Address Book service is in the list of available information services.
- If it is not, click Add.
- In the "Add Service to Profile" box, click to select the Outlook Address Book from the list of available services. If Address Book is not listed, follow the steps in the Resolution section of this article.
Keywords: kbprb kbsetup KB173072