Microsoft KB Archive/173051
Article ID: 173051
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173051
On a computer running a "Run from Network Server" installation of Word, if you run Microsoft Word 97 Setup and click Remove All, you will see the following message:
When you click Keep, Word is not removed from your computer. When you run the Setup program again to try to remove Word, the following error message is displayed:
NOTE: This problem occurs when one or more Microsoft Office 97 applications (for example Microsoft Word 97 for Windows and Microsoft Excel 97 for Windows) have been set up as individual "Run from Network Server" programs. This problem does not occur when you have performed the Microsoft Office 97 for Windows "Run from Network Server" setup.
To work around this problem, use the following steps:
- Re-install Word.
- After Word has been re-installed, on the Windows Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click to select the application you want to remove, and then click the Add/Remove button.
The Microsoft Word 97 Setup program will start.
- In the Microsoft Word 97 Setup dialog box, click Remove All.
- When you are prompted with the "Are you sure you want to remove Microsoft Word 97?", message, click Yes.
- In the Remove Shared Component dialog box, you will see the first message "&Run From Network Server" as described in the Symptoms section of this article. Click Remove or Remove All.
NOTE: If you click Keep or Remove None, Microsoft Word 97 will not be removed from your computer and you will receive the second message as described in the "Symptoms" section of this article when you try to remove Word again.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: 8.0 8.00 install installation standalone
Keywords: kbbug KB173051