Microsoft KB Archive/173032
HOWTO: Create Camera Projection Plane Fcurves
PSS ID Number: Q173032 Article last modified on 08-26-1997
IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7
IRIX NT WINDOWS
The information in this article applies to:
- Softimage 3D for IRIX, versions 3.51, 3.7
- == Softimage 3D for Windows NT, versions 3.51, 3.7 ==
In order to create camera projection plane fcurves, you must use the Channel feature. The SaveKey, Camera, (Pplane) option does not have this capability.
The following procedure shows you how to set up the Channel drivers for creating fcurves:
- Select the camera, then choose Channel, Connection Setup.
- In the right-side list (Destination), select all the parameters you need (for example, cmpdst, cmpsz[xy], cmpof[xy]), and click Connect.
- To edit the expression for each parameter, double-click on it (you should change the distance and X, Y size expressions so they are not 0).
- To exit the dialog box and accept the changes, click OK.
- To start Channels, choose Channel, Channel Run, Frame I/O.
- At the first frame, middle-click the keyframe button, then drag the Timeline to the last frame, and click the keyframe button again.
You now have an fcurve with two keys in it.
Click the right mouse button to exit Channels.
Choose FcrvSelect, Camera, Proj. Plane, and All. The fcurves you just created will appear allowing you to use the regular fcurve editing tools on them.
To see the effects of this on the camera, you must turn on the projection plane mode in the Spreadsheet. To do this:
- In the Spreadsheet, query for CAM chapter
- Show CamPPActive parameter and make sure it’s toggled ON.
If you have any questions concerning the information contained in this article, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
Additional query words: si si3d
Keywords : kbgraphic Version : IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7 Platform : IRIX NT WINDOWS Issue type : kbhowto ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.