Microsoft KB Archive/173021
Article ID: 173021
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173021
This article describes how to reinstall the TWAIN components installed by Microsoft Publisher and the software that comes with your scanner. This article is intended to be general in nature and discusses only the TWAIN component of image scanning software. Some software vendors may have specific reinstallation steps that apply to only their software.
To reinstall the TWAIN components, follow these steps:
- Remove the following files from your Windows folder:
- Remove the Windows\Twain folder and all of its contents. This folder contains a proprietary library file that is installed with your scanner software and has a .ds extension.
- Install the software that came with your scanner to its default location. This should replace the .ds file.
- Test the scanner software, by itself, to see if it works. Try scanning a picture directly into Publisher.
If the test is successful, you are done. If the test fails, go to step 5.
- Run Publisher Setup. When the Maintenance Mode dialog box appears, click Reinstall. This step will replace the four TWAIN and Twunk files that you removed in step 1.
If you are still unable to scan directly from your scanner into Microsoft Publisher, then Publisher is probably not compatible with your scanner's TWAIN interface.
NOTE: TWAIN (which stands for Technology Without An Interesting Name) is a standard protocol that allows many different kinds of scanners and digital cameras to work with many different software programs. It is developed jointly by a number of companies, including Logitech and Hewlett-Packard.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
139399 PUB: TWAIN Components Provided by Publisher
Additional query words: pub95 pub97 3.0 4.0 graphics gif tiff jpg jpeg bmp
Keywords: kbhowto kb3rdparty KB173021