Microsoft KB Archive/173015
Article ID: 173015
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173015
When you create an appointment with one of your contacts, you may want to refer to information stored about that contact. This article describes a quick way to access that information by adding a shortcut to the appointment.
To create an appointment with a shortcut to a contact, follow these steps:
- Click the Contacts icon in the Outlook Bar.
- Locate the contact you want, and using the right mouse button, drag the contact to the Calendar icon in the Outlook Bar.
- After releasing the mouse button, click "Copy Here as Appointment with Shortcut" on the shortcut menu. A contact shortcut icon appears in the Notes field of the new appointment entry (the large unlabeled window at the bottom of the form).
- Fill in the details of the appointment, and then click Save and Close.
When you open the appointment, double-click the contact shortcut icon to display the contact.
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB173015