Microsoft KB Archive/172850
Article ID: 172850
Article Last Modified on 2/23/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172850
When adding a subfolder to the Microsoft Outlook 97 Folder List, you have an option to "Add shortcut to Outlook Bar" You also have an option for "Don't prompt me about this again." Selecting the "Don't prompt me" option, has no effect. You always see the "Shortcut" question.
This problem does not occur in Outlook version 8.0, 8.01, 8.02 or installed from the Microsoft Office SR-1 Enterprise Update.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Outlook 97, version 8.02, installed from the Office SR-1 Patch. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Outlook 97 version 8.03.
Steps to Reproduce the Problem
- Right-click a folder in the Folder List and from the shortcut menu, click Create Subfolder.
- Type a name for the subfolder.
- Click to select the item type from the Folder contains list.
- Click to select the parent folder in "Make this a subfolder of" and then click OK.
- In the "Add shortcut to Outlook Bar", click to select "Don't prompt me about this again" and then click either Yes or No.
RESULTS: Each time you go through these steps, the "Add shortcut" dialog box question comes up again at step 6.
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbfix KB172850