Microsoft KB Archive/172790
Article ID: 172790
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 1.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172790
With the latest version of the Remote Control Agent service for client computers running Windows NT, Systems Management Server now has the capability to add registry entries to enable the service to create a log file.
To enable logging, perform the following steps:
- Open the client registry to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Tracing.
- Create a key called HELPDESK.
- Add a value called Enabled (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0 for no logging, 1 for logging, or 2 for Console Debugger.
NOTE: If either the HELPDESK key or the Enabled value does not exist, nothing out of the ordinary will happen.
- Just as with other Systems Management Server services, you can also define the optional values TraceFileName (REG_SZ) and MaxFileSize (REG_DWORD, # of bytes).
NOTE: If these values do not exist, TraceFileName defaults to C:\Ldmdbg.log and MaxFileSize will be 1 MB. When the log file reaches the value specified by MaxFileSize, it will be renamed to "*.*_" and a new one will be created.
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbinfo kbremoteprog kbtshoot kbusage KB172790