Microsoft KB Archive/172762
Article ID: 172762
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172762
You may receive one of the following STOP error messages in Windows NT:
NOTE: The parameters may vary.
NOTE: The parameters will appear as above.
NOTE: The third parameter will be different and is dependent on system configurations.
This problem is caused by drivers that load Bhnt.sys, or services that cause Bhnt.sys to be loaded, to get the network counters, and then unload it. If this happens continuously, a corruption may occur in the unloading of Bhnt.sys.
To resolve this problem, do any one of the following:
- Obtain the latest version of Compaq Insight Management Agents for Windows NT from Compaq, if applicable.
- Configure BH Service (Network Monitor Agent Driver) to load at system startup.
- To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows NT 4.0 or Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
152734 How to Obtain the Latest Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Network Monitor Agent Driver. This problem was first corrected in Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4.0 and Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition Service Pack 4.
Compaq Insight Manager is manufactured by Compaq, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: cpqmgmt.sys
Keywords: kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbwinnt400sp4fix KB172762