Microsoft KB Archive/172736
Article ID: 172736
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003
- Microsoft Project 2002 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Project 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172736
If you paste link a project summary task into another application, such as Microsoft Excel, and you clear the Project Summary Task option on the View tab (click Options on the Tools menu) the name of the task will appear incorrectly in the other application. For example, if you are using the default columns in Microsoft Project, the name of the summary task will span across the Indicator column and the Name column, hiding the data in those columns.
To work around this problem when linking to the summary task from another application, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Project, click Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Outline Options, click to select Project Summary task.
- Click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft Project listed above.
Additional query words: PRJ2002 PRJ2003 PRJ2007 prj2000
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB172736