Microsoft KB Archive/172690
Article ID: 172690
Article Last Modified on 12/11/1999
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q172690
In Visual FoxPro 5.x, using the LoadPicture function to create an object reference for a read-only bitmap or icon generates the following error message:
Remove the read-only attribute from the bitmap or icon file.
Assign the read-only bitmap or icon to the control at design time.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- In Windows Explorer, go to VFP5.0a\Samples\Graphics\Bmps\Assorted and change the Balloon.bmp file attribute to Read-only.
NOTE: The upper-level directory may be different, depending upon the directory name in which Visual FoxPro 5.0a was installed.
- In Visual FoxPro, create a new form named "MyTest."
- Add an Microsoft Tabbed Dialog ActiveX control to the form and change the Name property to "tabdc1."
In the INIT event of the form, put in the following code:
Thisform.tabdc1.Object.Picture= ; LoadPicture(Home()+"Samples\graphics\bmps\assorted\balloon.bmp")
- Save and Run the form.
The error "File Access is Denied" appears.
Additional query words: foxwin loadpicture activex tabbed dialog control readonly
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB172690